Old 04-09-2003, 12:32 AM
Gail Futoran

Default Minnows-free to a good home

"Monica" wrote

Unfortunately, nature isn't being hungry enough for

minnows!
Part of the problem seems to be that the minnows kept

breeding.
There were thousands of fry from the first batch, and

those are
now the same size as their parents-the small percentage

that made
it. Still, it probably gives me twice as many as I

started with.
Then, there are further groups of progressively smaller

minnows,
the largest of which probably number about 50. I have

lots of
dragonflies and larvae, but no other predators. [snips]

The only other thing I can think of is donate them to a bait
shop (if you have any nearby) or a local fish store, if
they'll take them. Sorry, wish I could help.

Gail