Old 04-09-2003, 01:02 AM
David Hare-Scott

Default Has anyone used "keyhole" beds?

"Mike Davis" wrote in message
news:lp35b.93931$xf.47119@lakeread04...
Hi Pat,

Two of Mollison's reasons for suggesting them that come to mind

include:
1. Much smaller surface area used for paths than a traditional row

garden.

This sounds good but I am yet to see any justification for it in
Mollison's books or elsewhere. Many of his ideas on geometry are fine
bt some like this one seem to have no proof. If I have missed this
somewhere please advise where to look.

2. Easier and less wasteful to water with circular pattern sprinkler.

Which may be so but if you want efficient watering you don't use
sprinklers but soakers or droppers instead.

I don't recall him mentioning aesthetics, but that could be a definite
"selling point" for some folks.

Mike D.