Old 04-09-2003, 01:42 AM
Salty Thumb

Default The most toxic town in America (Monsanto) - new "rules" for PCB sites

"David J Bockman" wrote in
:

These sites are perfect opportunities for brownfield
restoration/general remediation. An entire industry revolves around
healing land like this.

I don't have any problems with people cleaning up the sites, as long as
"cleaning up" doesn't mean digging up the soil and repackaging it as
something innocuous (as alleged with Ironite). Who's going to make sure
that's not going to happen? The cleanup company's 'conscience'?

I find it unseemly that the Bush administration decided to make this
change. I thought the executive branch was supposed to enforce the law,
not intrepret it.

- Salty