Old 04-09-2003, 03:02 AM
David J Bockman

Default Best time to transplant a Redbud

In your Zone I would transplant in early spring, as soon as the ground is
workable and after flowering. Beware late freezes and mulch in the rootball
really well.

Dave

"Toonartist" wrote in message
I have a Redbud that's been growing for the past couple years in my garden
(I got it as a "stick" from the Arbor Day foundation). It's about 6 feet
tall now and I want to transplant it.

When is the best time to transplant? I would think late winter/early

spring,
but I have also heard late fall when the leaves drop. Any advice would be
appreciated.

I live in Zone 5b / coastal NH.

Thanks in advance.

--
Don't forget to check out my cartoon, Virtual Humor!
http://www.kevinduffy.net/vh.htm