Old 04-09-2003, 03:12 AM
Matt

Default Advice on lighting for a 75 gallon tank

I'm going to be setting up a 75 gallon tank within the next 2 weeks and have a question about lighting. I have a 110 watt compact florescent bulbs (2x55 watts). Will that be enough light for my tank? The plants that i will have in it will be;

1. Marsilea quadrifolia
2. Radican Marbled Queen Sword
3. Amazon Sword
4. Anubias nana
5. Anacharis(Egeria densa)

And I'm thinking about adding some Micro Sword (Lilaeopsis novae-zelandiae) and some Val.

Will 110 watts be enough for these plants? If not how much light would you suggest? I want a low-tech tank, no CO2. Not ready to try that yet, have only been trying plants a few months, maybe later.