Old 04-09-2003, 05:23 AM
Ron Nelson

Default Advice on lighting for a 75 gallon tank

With it being pc lighting I think you could be OK... I have a 75 with 4x65
watts and co2 that I actually only run 4x65 for about 6 hours in the middle
of a 12 hour light cycle. My glosso (loves lots of light) seems to hug the
gravel pretty well and spreads very fast. Which to me is at least somewhat
of an indication of how well the lighting is working. I say give it a shot
and then if you aren't happy with how the plants are doing add more light...

Ron

"Matt" wrote in message

I'm going to be setting up a 75 gallon tank within the next 2 weeks and have
a question about lighting. I have a 110 watt compact florescent bulbs (2x55
watts). Will that be enough light for my tank? The plants that i will have
in it will be;

1. Marsilea quadrifolia
2. Radican Marbled Queen Sword
3. Amazon Sword
4. Anubias nana
5. Anacharis(Egeria densa)

And I'm thinking about adding some Micro Sword (Lilaeopsis novae-zelandiae)
and some Val.

Will 110 watts be enough for these plants? If not how much light would you
suggest? I want a low-tech tank, no CO2. Not ready to try that yet, have
only been trying plants a few months, maybe later.