Old 04-09-2003, 07:42 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default What a Pond!!

On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 13:48:51 GMT, wrote:

overkill. the guy must be a general contractor.

I think he was in real estate..... He had a pond builder, a computer
programmer and an engineer, the engineer had to do the walkway and bridge
where the piping and "oh hey, this would be a great place to put a viewing
window". The finish project had hand cut stones, 1 guy pounded stones to
break into pieces all day long for days, these were than mortared to the
sides of the pond that were above ground, the front of the pump house and
he liked it so well the front of the house was made to match. ;o)

Did I mention the computerized backwashing system? He knew when each filter
was to backwash and he'd go out and watch it, the dirty water flowed thru a
clear pipe and he could watch the dirt flow away till it ran clean.

You've got to love eccentrics. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~