Old 04-09-2003, 03:42 PM
Vox Humana

Default Are the big gardening magazines worth the money?

"JNJ" wrote in message
..

Chuckle Yes, this does seem to be the trend. My big pet peeve with

this
is a different media -- namely TV. The landscaping shows on HGTV only do
projects on obviously well-to-do homes and they're all in the LA vicinity.
The vast majority of the plants they utilize in their shows only grow in
climates where winter is when the mercury hits 65 degrees farenheit -- not
very practical for 3/4ths of the continent (or even 2/3rds of the US). I
wrote the production company and they made it clear they're not interested
in the rest of us at this time.

Thank God! Most of the "gardening" shows on HGTV send in a crew that slaps
together a very crude garden that has little appeal to me and one that I
can't image lasting more than a couple of weeks. The "Landscaper's
Challenge" show is interesting, but I agree that they only do projects in
southern California and the budgets are enormous - not a situations that
most of us can relate to or learn from.