Old 04-09-2003, 07:43 PM
Jane Ransom

Default Cotoneaster Horizontalis

In article , Janice
writes
When is the best time to severely cut back cotoneaster horizontalis?

I thought about pruning it last spring, after it had flowered, but I didn't
want to lose the berries. But if I cut it back now then I'll lose the
berries now as well as next year's flowers anyway, right?

Will I have to resign myself to losing a year's worth of flowers and berries
no matter what I do?

We just can't win, can we )

And, it will grow back after a SEVERE pruning, right?

Years ago, we cut one of ours right down to the ground and moved it at
the same time. It is now *huge*!!!!!!!! But it did sulk for a couple of
years.
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.
but if you need to email me for any other reason,