Old 04-09-2003, 08:16 PM
Bill Nunnery

Default automatic sprinklers and water pressure

Without seeing your system I can't really say. Do you have a hose outlet on
the system? If so you could attach a pressure meter to determine the
pressure. I have designed several systems and it really requires more than a
hit or miss approach. You need to take into account factors including the
pressure drops through all elements of the system such as the pipes; valves,
the number of heads per zone and specs of the heads, the meter type, etc.
You didn't say if the system has ever worked properly or if this is a new
phenomenon." wrote in message
om...
I had automatic lawn sprinklers installed and have had low pressure
from the sprinklers since then. Th line pressure is MORE than what is
expected so it must have something to do with this new set-up. No new
sprinklers were added so this can't be the answer. I now have brown
spots where the sprinklers don't reach. Was this a bad installation
job or any ideas? Thanks.