Old 04-09-2003, 09:02 PM
Bill

Default Mini Houseplants?

In article ,
says...
I have a nice growing area set up indoors for African violets. They are all
doing well. I'd like to add some other plants, something other than
violets, but I find that regular houseplants soon get too big and overgrow
the area. Any recommendations on "mini" houseplants -- ones that stay
fairly small (in a 4-6 in. pot, for example) and like the same kind of
conditions that A. violets like?

Check out various Tillandsias.

I have one of these,
http://www.orchidcourt.com/cyanea.html , that's
been in a six inch pot for about four years now. When I got it it had a
single plume, it's now putting out 5 of them. More info:

http://www.butterflies.org/hortcltr3.cfm?plantID=144

They're nowhere as picky as violets when it comes to watering.

Bill