Old 04-09-2003, 10:10 PM
dt

Default clover?

animaux wrote:

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 19:42:07 +0000 (UTC), (Victor M.
Martinez) opined:

jamie wrote:

I expect you mean oxalis (wood sorrel, aka sourgrass or sour trefoil),
which has heart-shaped leaves and yellow flowers.

I've never seen oxalis with yellow flowers, only pink and white.

The wild, uncultivated has yellow flowers. He

http://www.calflora.net/bloomingplants/wildoxalis.html

Victoria

P.S. I have it coming up everywhere all season, including winter and insects
which stick around through the winter depend on it for nectar. Personally, I
love it. I have it combined with frog fruit.

We grew up calling it "pickle clover" because of the little seed pods,
which, by the way, are edible:
http://www.cloudnet.com/~djeans/FlwPlant/YWdSorrel.htm

At least in small quantities, due to the oxalic acid content.

DT