Old 05-09-2003, 02:40 AM
mad

Default Feeding fish: surface vs. deep

i throw mine in and they eat it. have from day one.
mad

-- |
|_____________________||_|__|_)|
(@) (@) ** (@) (@)**(@) (@) Heavy Hauler

From: "sandra"
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 18:15:17 -0700
Subject: Feeding fish: surface vs. deep

"JGW" wrote in message
snip
Since I know a lot of folks feed with pellet food that floats on the
surface, I thought I'd better train my fish to look to the surface for
food so they will be prepared for their new home. I've tried to feed
them floating pellet food, but the fish just swim frantically around
looking like their starving until I give them their flake food
underwater.

How can I teach them to eat floating food on the surface so that they
don't starve in their new home?

Joan

Just a thought...do you soak the pellet food a few min. first? If they
nibble the hard pellet they may think its not edible. It's a good idea to
soak it in any case with goldfish as the stuff swells in them and can
actually explode the little ones. Mine will eat either but prefer flakes.
sandra