Old 05-09-2003, 12:18 PM
Victoria Clare

Default excess tomatoes.

Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 12:03:59 +0100

"Franz Heymann" wrote in
:

"martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 21:58:46 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

...... and oranges, judging from some of the unpasteurised orange
juice that had fermented this summer. YUK!

Well made orange wine is one of the better non-grape wines.

The first one was a bottle of orange juice that was well past it's
sell by date in an "Irish" cafe in York. The second was one litre
plastic carton of unpasteurised orange juice.

There is a difference between fermenting alcohol and common or garden
rotting.Wine is yeast pee and the stuff you mention is bacterium pee

It can work even in the wild. When I was a student I had some orange juice
that went all fizzy and was really rather good. Yum! (And I survived...
)

That was Tesco's own-brand stuff I think.

Victoria