Old 05-09-2003, 03:02 PM
Theo Asir

Default Forensic Science for Rose Deaths?

"Shiva" wrote in message
news:aHlwYXRpYQ==.57fffbe3a032c4d0d42f7e128d5815c4 @1062727339.cotse.net...
Theo Asir wrote:

But Shiva said the bed drains, so I was taking her word for it. And..
I'm still surprised that she didn't see signs of stress in the
established plants in the ground.

I can explain this one. Some times the roots die but there
is so much moisture that the canes seem to be able to directly
absorb it and use there stored nutrients to keep growing.

Then it gets dry and death occurs quickly usually over night.

Theo please clarify, you are saying you think this is what happened
to my baby bare roots, right?

Well!! I'm not gonna swear thats what happened
but just thought I should note what I've seen in my garden
when excessive rain is mixed with roses. Cass couldn't
understand why the canes showed no distress.

Now that you mention it they were indeed mostly young roses.

Talking about rain we had an incredible 16 inches fall in my backyard
over this soggy labor day in a 36 hour period.

I was driving back from Wichita in I-35 Saturday night

Glad you came out okay. Scary stuff.

Thanx. I'm still quivering.
Never been so scared in my life.

--