Old 05-09-2003, 03:42 PM
Franz Heymann

Default tomatoes

wrote in message

[snip]

I think we can agree that to be worth it, it needs to be fun for the
grower or it becomes a chore. It's also not worth it if the things you
feel you can grow better are not things you normally eat. If you have
to give away most of your marrows, say, why grow them? I have had my
broccoli fail this year thanks to birds (grrrr), but won't have to buy
most other veg *that I eat* for months and perhaps not at all, which I
think is the best situation.

A more or less global "yes" to that paragraph.
At the root of my feelings about vegetable gardening is a deep seated
tendency to be a lazy gardener.

[snip]

Franz