Old 05-09-2003, 05:32 PM
paghat

Default Roundup Unready

In article , "Henry Kuska"
wrote:

billo, thank you for your reply as to why you reject my claim that the paper
that I presented does meet your stated criteria of: "You can prove me wrong
by providing a scientific article in a peer reviewed journal that claims to
show that Roundup is dangerous to humans when used as directed."

H. Kuska reply: I would of preferred that you use my suggested logic
diagrams in your reply as that formal approach would of allowed a much more
precise discussion, but I will go along with your choice of style.

Logic is NOT within Shillo's capacity. When shown that RoundUp used as
directed harms the environment profoundly, his irrational response is
about how doesn't hurt PEOPLE if used as directed, because in his world,
an environment laid waste "as directed" is nothing harmful to people, even
though LOGIC (not to mention reality) dictates that when we injure our
environment, we injure ourselves as part of that environment. Or when
shown the EPA classifies one ingredient as a Class C carcinogen (meaning
"possibly" cancer causing to humans on basis of animal models; plus four
other ingredients and decay chemicals in RoundUp are definitive
carcinogens) he only sees that glyphosate per se is not categorized as a
definitive carcinogen therefore it's perfectly safe, 100%, no need to be
concerned -- a most irrational view. Just not a logic oriented sort of
guy. He's more like a serial killer convinced the whores he kills wanted
it & begged for it & he did nothing wrong. The perspective is very
personal & inward & bares no relationship whatsoever to the physical
world, & logic it never is.

-sweet ratty

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"