Old 05-09-2003, 08:22 PM
Franz Heymann

Default tomatoes

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , Franz Heymann
writes

wrote in message

After three years of exhaustive and very critical testing (ie my
mother we have come to the conclusion that homegrown carrots are
totally different as the water content of home-growns is much much
less than commercial organic or non-organic, so they have less of a
storage life before going shrivelled, but you get the taste
concentration at the same time.

I take it that you do not eat boiled carrots? Once treated in boiling
water, the initial water content is surely pretty irrelevant?

I notice that organic carrots shrivel on storage (and can be revived by
soaking in water) whereas supermarket carrots rot :-(

In this house, carrots never lie around for long enough for that difference
to be observed.

{:-))

Franz