Old 05-09-2003, 09:02 PM
Colin Malsingh

Default Growing tomatoes in the winter?

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 22:44:33 +0100, "Janet & Tim Costidell"
wrote:

Has anyone done this? My boss wants us (myself and colleague) to grow
tomatoes in the greenhouse for him over the winter. We have good heating in
there, and sodium lighting. Has anyone attempted this before, if so, how do
we do it?

In short, yes provided you get the day-length and the warmth ok.

A colleague at work grew a tomato plant on the windowsill next to his
desk. It really started to annoy his boss, so instead of ditching it
in the autumn, he kept it going.

It continued to grow and produce tomatoes all through the winter.

Provided you keep your greenhouse watered and make a decision on your
lighting (see other posts too numerous to mention!) you may well be
ok.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Colin
-----
(Sorry - no direct email. Please reply via the newsgroup)