Old 05-09-2003, 10:32 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Honeysuckle? problem

"Bob H" wrote in message
news
Hi,
about 18 months ago we put a Honeysuckle? climbing plant in a wooden
planter with an extended trellis at the rear so it would provide us with
some privacy over our near neighbours garden. The 1st year/last year, it
grew quite well and virtually covered all the trellis, but this year it is
a mess. It has grown poorly, no flowers appeared, and there are large bare
areas where the main body of the plant is very woody.

Question is, what is the best thing to do with it and when, so that it
will
grow next year like it did the first year?

My first reaction is to suggest that you cut it back really hard to live
buds before the autumn is upon us, but I would like to hear what other
urglers think.

Franz

Thanks