Old 05-09-2003, 11:02 PM
Lori Ann Clark

Default Q: how to take care of dog urinating spots on our lawn?

Sundar Narasimhan wrote in news:Zoxva.847784$S_4.863712
@rwcrnsc53:

Hi, Do people have suggestions for how to deal w/ this? We let our dog
out in the back yard and a few days later I find these six-eight inch
circles of dead grass..

Is there anything I can do to counter this? Thanks.

I just saw this today (sept) and just wanted to respond, if anyone sees it.

Actually, someone did give the best response most vet / pet supply stores
will give you .... water the spot thoroughly. And another one mentioned
that it is a fertilizer burn ... also right again.

It's not that you have to follow your dog around with a hose, but if you
water (sprinkler or direct hose) the area they use often, it does help
dilute the nitrogen that is causing the burns.

Lori Ann (owner of two dogs on 3+ acres, so fortunately, they have lots of
room to fertilize :-))