Old 05-09-2003, 11:12 PM
Terry Horton

Default augustine vs bermuda

On 04 Sep 2003 02:19:29 GMT, (AndyPaul) wrote:

my backyard is basically divided between augstine and bermuda grass. mostly in
the shade side of the house and under a big tree the augustine as camped out
the bermunda has the rest. personally i don't have a perferance between the
two, just wondering if either will win, or which to cheer for, and which should
i encourage, or leave both. just curious.

It's a botanical war between those two, with the front line determined
by shade and to some degree water. As your tree grows over the years
the St. A will gradually encroach onto the bermuda. Trim back some
limbs and the bermuda may advance on your Augustine.

I have bermuda and St. Augustine. I love St. Augustine. I have
bermuda only because I've been so far unsuccessful at killing it.