Old 06-09-2003, 02:23 AM
Dave Fouchey

Default First critter

On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 23:47:00 GMT, "Anne Lurie"
wrote:

And, then, if you're like me -- it isn't *really* spring until you hear
the toads calling from the water garden for the first time! (Actually,
that's not exactly true here in North Carolina, as our seasons are more like
"before Summer, Summer, after Summer, and brief respite for the gardeners
among us"! Even then, I look out the window & see the weeds going "neener
neener neener, we're working & you're not!")

So, while the rest of you are wondering about how to "winter" your
ponds/fish/plants, the folks in my area are just welcoming Fall, at long
last!

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

Well when I lived in Miami, it was Summer High Summer Late Summer and
Sort of Summer.... South Carolina was as you describe North Carolina.
Now that I am back home in Michigan Winter IS!G

Having hundreds of Toads doing the reproduction boogie in your pond is
a grand sound experience...

Dave

"jammer" wrote in message
.. .
Well when you have toads or tadpoles, your REALLY gonna flip! LOL
I understand your excitement. This group put up with my first toad BY
the pond, first one IN the pond, toadpoles, and damselfly nymphs, and
yes, I have had mine for one year and i cant want for next spring to
see how many of the baby toads come and eat at night. In 3 years, any
toadpoles that survived will try to make it's way back to my pond to
mate. I CANT WAIT! (2 yrs for one sex and 3 for the other) It should
be VERY exciting for me!

Enjoy!!!!!

Dave Fouchey, WA4EMR
http://photos.yahoo.com/davefouchey