Old 06-09-2003, 11:32 AM
Jane Ransom

Default OT - Bats and Buildings

In article , Alison alison.freeth@No
SpAm.wideopenwindows.fsbusiness.co.uk writes
I'm in a bit of a quandary. There are some old cow byres next door to us
that have been out of use for some time and the bats have moved in. I have
today heard that the farmer is going to take the roof off the byres as it's
unsafe but what happens to the bats?

If it's unsafe and the roof falls in they are out of a home anyway!!

And . . . if it falls in while a human is in it the farmer will be sued
for a vast amount of money. Put yourself in the farmer's place.

Why don't you take positive action. Make and position bat boxes all over
the place. You might even ask the farmer to assist you so that he can
delay the removal of his barn roof until all the bat boxes are in place.

*You* are concerned about the bats - *you* do something to help them!!!!

--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.
but if you need to email me for any other reason,