Old 06-09-2003, 12:02 PM
Jan Flora

Default OT-When power fails, what about the food?

In article ,
c (TOM KAN PA) wrote:

When power fails, what about the food?

Since the whole country is suffering from power failures, the following should
be interesting.

Oh, get a grip, pard. A freezer will hold frozen food with no problem for
48 hours
after the power goes off *if* you don't open the door. If the power is
going to be
off longer than that, find a generator and plug your freezer in for 4
hours out of
every 24. If it's freezing weather, put your freezer food out in your meat
cache.

All of us out here in the country heard that NYC and Detroit lost power
for a day
and we all said, "Yeah, so?" We lose power for weeks at a time every winter.
(Well, us up here in Alaska do. It's no big deal. There isn't anything on
TV worth
watching anyway.)

Jan

... , Alaska, 99732