Old 06-09-2003, 01:42 PM
David J Bockman

Default Help with spiders

On second thought, this is very likely what it is... I was out at the
National Arboretum last Thursday moring and spotted dozens of these anchor
lines, as well as one complete web in which the orb weaver either was too
full to bother taking it down or was injured/hurt.

Dave

"Lar" wrote in message
t...
In article
,
says...
so that it cannot be seen readily without me shining a very strong
light in between the leaves, the silhouette tends to me believe it may
be large but I am not sure. Before I shine the light, has anyone else
encountered this type of spider who can share their knowledge with me?

A number of type of orb weavers will build their web at
night, remove all but the main strains at dawn, then
rebuild at dusk.
--

http://home.comcast.net/~larflu/spid2.jpg

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!