Old 06-09-2003, 02:02 PM
Phisherman

Default Harvesting herbs

On 06 Sep 2003 05:54:40 GMT, (Thalocean2) wrote:

Is it too late to harvest and dry oregano and basil that's flowered?

Thanks,
Laura B.

We have (different kinds of) oregano growing year round. Harvest
basil before the frost hits. Read up on specific herbs to find the
best time to harvest--that's when the flavor is usually the strongest.

My Italian flat-leaf parsely only has small withered leaves left on it
with LOTS of flower heads. It normally self seeds, but I'd like to
start some new plants now for winter harvesting to use in soups.