Old 06-09-2003, 03:42 PM
Sacha

Default Recomendations for garden and nursery visits in Devon

in article 1g0vbqc.1wunp5nmg2gtiN%00senetnospamtodayta@macunl imited.net, Jim
W at wrote on 6/9/03 2:21 pm:

Hi All.. will shortly be visiting Devon, staying in the Totnes area.
Any recommendations for gardens/nurseries appreciated (and anything else
worth seeing!-)

Cheers
//
Jim

Well, I hope you'll get to us this time, Jim. ;-) We're away next w/e but
Matthew, Ray's son, will be here. Go through Dartington, up to Huxam's
Cross, turn right, go past small nursery that is *not* us, over Staverton
bridge and level crossing, following rest of brown signs! About 20 mins
from Totnes.
Gardens - definitely The Garden House at Buckland Monachorum, nr Tavistock,
definitely Rosemoor, if you haven't been there. Ray Brown's Plant World is
just outside Newton Abbot and he has a lot of unusual seeds. There are a few
bog standard garden centres like Fermoy's and Endsleigh but I don't think
there's anything unusual there.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk