Old 06-09-2003, 04:02 PM
randi sharp

Default [IBC] Banyan style Ficus

Jerry,
In your suggestions on developing aerial roots for ficus you mentioned:" ...pack moistened sphagnum moss around the trunks and branches that you would like to sprout some aerials. Wrap this in plastic and keep it moist at all times."

What would be a good source of plastic? Cut apart zip-lock freezer bags? Or is a small mil plastic better? Would plastic kitchen wrap be OK? Is there a better source? Also I imagine I need to wrap each branch and truck separately rather than in mass.Is thi
s correct? should I wrap the trunk and each branch separately? Should the moss be "live" spag. moss? Since I am in zone 7 is this a summer project or will I also get results in the house under lights?

Thanks,

Randi Sharp
Richmond, VA

++++Sponsored, in part, by Dale Cochoy++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++