Old 06-09-2003, 05:02 PM
Greg Rice

Default Please ID this tree

Definitely not a magnolia. Might be loquat. I think loquat leaves are have
more texture to the leaves and are usually less dense with the limbs. Where
are the botanists when you need them?

"CNB" wrote in message
No, I'm pretty sure this isn't bay or magnolia. We've got plenty of those
around here and the leaves are always glossy and they all have the big

white
flowers you mentioned. The leaves on this little tree aren't glossy at

all.
From a distance the tree looks brownish-green. Someone mentioned Loquat,

and
I think this may very well be what it is.

CNB
"wyldwoodwytch" wrote in message
Is it a Bay tree? Are the leaves like a magnolia only smaller and ddes

it
put out tiny white flowers in the spring that smell really sweet?
"CNB" wrote in message
These are getting more and more popular here in GA as landscaping

plants.
Can anyone tell me what it is?

http://web.infoave.net/~BN_cbrown/shrub.jpg

Thanks,