Old 06-09-2003, 08:22 PM
Jane Ransom

Default OT - Bats and Buildings

In article , Andrew J
Instone-Cowie writes
On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 20:03:06 +0100, "Alison"
. co.uk wrote:

What would you do in this situation?

There is some legal info on the Bat Conservation Trust website,
http://www.bats.org.uk/batlaw.htm, might be worth giving them a call?

I am amazed at the responses to this thread.
Apart from Mike, no one who has responded has suggested talking to the
farmer. The advice has been to go, behind the poor sod's back, to some
organisation or other who will, in all likely hood, give him a hard
time. You are behaving as if the farmer is some sort of mean and nasty
ogre whereas he is just trying to make a living out of providing us
stuff to eat and is probably as interested in preserving the bats as
anyone else.
I just can't believe that a group of nice people could advise something
so utterly despicable.
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.
but if you need to email me for any other reason,