Old 07-09-2003, 12:45 AM
Buzzy Bee

Default P'd Off at Hozelock Products

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 16:54:40 +0100,
(Jim W) wrote:
but then again I might just have mucked up the snipping as usual!
DavidG wrote:

Solved the problem with my sprinkler by smearing vaseline on the moving
parts.

Yes vaseline is an ideal grease for plastic/metal moving parts that are
likly to be used in wet environs. Silicone grease (from Maplin
Electronics etc. is also idea. Very good for plastics, curtain rails and
the like.

This perhaps belongs more on the shed, but when I was taking down the
old curtains in the new house, someone had smeared the rails in
*vaseline*. Yuck!

Megan
--
Seoras David Montgomery, 7 May 2003, 17 hours: sunrise to sunset (homebirth)
Seoras' story:

To e-mail use: megan at farr-montgomery dot com