Old 07-09-2003, 01:42 AM
Rodger Whitlock

Default O/T people sitting on garden wall. advice needed

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 18:35:17 +0100, oo wrote:

I know people on these groups are full of ideas and are very resourceful. I
have been looking for a solution to my problem on the net.

Basically youths won't stop sitting on my garden wall, despite my repeated
requests and threats they continue to sit there. Basically they are noisy
and wil eventually weaken the structure of the wall.

[snip]
Any advice appreciated as its driving me nuts, having to constantly chase
the brats. lol

"Weaken the wall"? It would have to be a pretty flimsy wall for a
few young derrieres to "weaken" it.

Let me ask a critical question: are they ~~really~~ weakening the
wall -- or is it that their sitting there simply annoys you? It
seems to me that it's important for you to look in the mirror and
sort out your own motives before trying to do something about
this. If perchance the real issue is simple annoyance ("it's *my*
wall they're sitting on!"), then among the reasonable remedies is
"learning to put up with something you don't like and can't do
much about."

OTOH, if the wall really is that flimsy, then you better have it
taken down and reconstructed before it falls apart and injures
someone.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada