Old 07-09-2003, 03:22 AM
Dwayne

Default New here

Welcome aboard Mary. I am not English nor have I been in that country. We
do all have something in common here, we love to garden. Otherwise how
could I admit here that all my squash died this year? Nobody looses their
squash, just me. Everything else died also. Before that happened I made
sauerkraut from my cabbage, and we put some Brussels sprouts in the freezer.
Now if my sweet potatoes come out of it and make something, maybe I will
have redeemed myself. I did come up with some really big garlic this year.
Took a blue ribbon and Grand Champion at the fair.

Dwayne

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

English.. ?? Hard to define these days! LOL

I know - but I can trace English-born ancestors back for five generations
which is a pretty good start for a pedigree, which is why I say English

and
not British - which of course I am too. My husband didn't tell me that his
mother was half Irish until after we were married, all our children are

1/8
Irish ...

But I don't mind :-) We have one Welsh daughter in law and one Scots one.

Technically I'm British.. However I'm European by blood!-)!

Alone.. never but 'where' are you..

Leeds, Yorkshire. Chapeltown in inner city Leeds, the immigrant part.

We're
the only English family in the street, not the only whites though. We've
lived here for over forty years and can't see any reason for moving.

There's always uk.rec.gardens if
you are gardening in the UK.. Though everyones pretty friendly here
too.

I already subscribe to uk.rec.gardening, is that what you meant? I was
attracted to this ng by the 'edible' part :-)

Mary
//
Jim
North London, England, UK