Old 07-09-2003, 11:42 AM
Joe Zorzin

Default Three companies oppose Tongass logging??

"mike hagen" wrote in message

(snipped)

Joe, ever read up on ecological economics? You're already sound like a
convert. There are some intriguing theories about pricing reproductive
rights as a way of self limiting population. Some could say we're doing
that already, pushing average home prices over 200K!

You mean factoring in all the true values produced by the ecosystem and all
the real costs not now counted- known as externalities? Karl Davies wrote
something about this issue- I have a copy at
http://forestmeister.com/global-onli...ys/Davies.html

If we really had an economics that looked intelligently at the ecosystem, we
foresters would be up there with top corporate executives- in terms of our
professional prestige and pay. I won't hold my breath.

Unfortunately, high home prices don't stop people from being horny. G

Instead, they just have lots of kids, but can't afford to raise them,
because the jobs that should be theirs are now in slave nations- like China,
which is smart enough to take all those profits and build a huge military
complex which will soon threaten us far more than a few towel heads. G

--
Joe Zorzin

"What Liberal Media" by Erik Alterman
http://www.whatliberalmedia.com