Old 07-09-2003, 12:34 PM
The Slow Snail

Default O/T people...anti-vandal paint??

The burglar grease made me think of something that happened to us. Living on
a very close and built in estate there was always problems between kids
running riot along the back garden walls, and in most cases also climbing
into the garden.

One kid was particularly bad, despite telling him to get out, go away he
always came back, and would come into the garden. So mum put this burglar
paint on the inside top of the wall. One day later a very irate mother, 1
sheepish looking son knocking on the door. We actually took her to see the
wall, and that the only way he could have gotten it on himself was by
trespassing i.e. climbing into our garden. Needless to say nowt happened,
and we never saw the kid near the house again. The only reason that was, was
because she couldn't deny what she saw. Asking her prior wouldn't have made
a difference, It's the *my son wouldn't* syndrome.

Oh and also photographing does the trick too. One lad who was hassling us,
messing around in the front garden, throwing stuff at the doors and windows.
Mum ran out there with a camera and took a picture of him at it. Again never
saw him again. Was always worried about the picture. Shame he didn't know
there wasn't any film in the camera anyway!

---