Old 07-09-2003, 01:32 PM
Rod

Default Eltex heater

"Jim" wrote in message
Sorting through the previous allotment owners things, I have come across

an
Eltex heater, it has a base, which holds the fuel (paraffin?} a burner in
the middle with a tube running up to what looks like a sealed can of

water
stuck on the top of two side supports, the can has a tiny hole in it and

is
about half full, does it need to be topped up, how?

Has anyone got or come across one of these, I haven't a clue about them

and
any info and tips would be gratefully welcome

I inherited some and got rid at the first opportunity - waste of time and
fuel. If you have any choice electric heating is the preferred option for a
small greenhouse. Some gas ones with reservations for a second choice (see
my earlier post on another heating thread)

Rod