Old 07-09-2003, 02:12 PM
Doug Miller

Default O/T people sitting on garden wall. advice needed

In article , newsmail wrote:
In article t, Caliban
writes

Would you please tell your friends that my friends keep guns next to their
windows to address such threats upon their life and property?

Unfortunately, in this country, if *you* protect *your* property *you*,
not the criminal, end up in prison (

Maybe you should emigrate. :-) It's not like that in most parts of the US. In
Indiana, where I live, state law permits the use of deadly force, by any
citizen, to prevent a break-in at "a residence". Not necessarily one's own.

--
Regards,