Old 07-09-2003, 03:02 PM
Mary Fisher

Default New here

My real area of interest in multi usecrops (eg edible ornamentals)

For the first time I've grown rainbow chard this year. I can't think of
anything more ornamental - as well as edible. The stems glow in the most
astonishing colours, all set off by those luscious dark, quilted leaves.

Oh boy!

and
being down in London (UK) means I can
push a lot more crops that might not do well elsewhere!.

This year I reckon we could have grown anything. But I prefer our 'natural'
vegetables.

Grains take up too large an area to be worthwhile - I've thought about it
for flour for breadmaking but decided against it.

Mary

//
Jim