Old 07-09-2003, 05:12 PM
NJ

Default Walnut Leaves Discoloration

"Dave Bell" wrote in message
On Sat, 6 Sep 2003, george kimes wrote:

My very small pond is located under some large walnut trees

My large pond is unfortunately placed, close to a huge, old black walnut,
and I very much feel your pain!

My pond is directly under the neighbor's black walnut tree. In addition to
the husks, whole walnuts, and leaves, these trees have a very annoying
trait: they drop entire fronds of leaves at once, and the central stems,
usually a foot long, sink to the bottom of my pond, bypassing the skimmer.
It is annoying, but at least my pond is small. I go out every day, once or
twice, and grab them out of the pond. Being blessed wth gin-clear water all
year makes this far less painful than it might be.

NJ
Zone 5b