Old 07-09-2003, 09:13 PM
Mike Lyle

Default tree recommendations wanted

Janet Tweedy wrote in message ...
In article , Mike Lyle
writes

[...]
Or a self-fertile plum or a damson (you'd
need to change the soil a bit after the fowering cherry, of course).[...]

Grown a mulberry from seed, now chopped to five foot and allowed to grow
it's six foot of branches every year.
Would the damson or plum be a bit messy? Would it affect the drains?

You mean you wouldn't pick them? Gosh! But, no, they wouldn't be as
messy as mulberries. If you leave them on the ground you'll have a
plague of wasps, though. I don't think plum trees are much of problem
with spreading roots; but I wouldn't plant any tree on top of a drain.

Mike.