Old 07-09-2003, 09:23 PM
Mike Lyle

Default new thread alan titchmarsh subject

Kay Easton wrote in message ...
In article , Mike Lyle
writes

[...]
Our culture is artificially skewed: we take gardening advice from our
mothers, after all.

And not our fathers? Interesting - my experience is that the women are
the plantswomen (famous male examples notwithstanding) and the men are
trusted with areas like lawns where they can't go too disastrously wrong

[...]

Well, I mentioned only mothers because we were talking about women.
You may be right, but I haven't really noticed much difference between
the gardening skills of the sexes. Though I admit that when I was a
boy my father was indeed thevegetable and tree parent, while my mother
was the ornamentals one. We kids had to do the hedges and lawns.

Mike.