Old 07-09-2003, 09:24 PM
Mike Lyle

Default Horse manure again

"Seven" wrote in message ...
I work in a egg producing farm, and I am sure my boss would let me have some
of the chicken shit home if I wanted, but what would I do with it?

Does anything need to be done before spreading it? And what time of year
should I be doing it?

[...]

At all costs, compost it thoroughly before spreading: this applies
even more strongly to chicken shit, which will kill plants. If
possible, heap it with general garden waste in the usual compost-heap
way. If you haven't got that much plant material, I'd say heap the
dung and cover it until you've got enough.

Mike.