Old 07-09-2003, 09:42 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

Default Hair Brain Idea.

That's "hare brained", you waskly wabbit!!

Ask the agent from your local agricultural extension service.

keith nuttle wrote in message
Yesterday it was finally cool enough to expend the energy to cut a large
dead branch from the Maple tree near our house. The limb was about 6
inches in diameter. I cut the stub at an extreme angle so the water
would run off. This creating an oval area about 18" by 8" of exposed
wood.

This morning I was thinking about protecting the tree from rot where I
had cut the limb, and remember I had some Thompson water seal for decks
in the shed.

If I "water seal" the cut will that protect the tree from rot?

Any other suggestions?

From: Indianapolis, Indiana