Old 07-09-2003, 10:43 PM
Madgardener

Default Hair Brain Idea.

"TOM KAN PA" wrote in message
You might want to check, I think I heard that the latest advice is to NOT

seal
the area where a branch is cut off. Something about sealing in bacteria,

etc..

when cutting a branch off of a tree, cut just a few inches (in this case, a
few inches because it's a large branch) above the bulge where the branch
joined up with the trunk. Yes in cutting the branch off properly, you allow
it to heal right. Sealing it up WILL seal in bacteria and not allow it to
heal right. And if the branch was dead, chances are it's already sealed
itself, so be sure not to cut it off too closely to the trunk..........
madgardener