Old 07-09-2003, 11:10 PM
cross

Default Abutilon cutting someone gave me at Kew??

Someone from URG gave me a small Abutilon cutting at the 1st URG Kew
meet a couple of years ago.. I think it might have been Marina??
Anyway could whoever, if they remember, please let me know whcih
Abultilon it was, if known? It seems to have survived a winter in a
pot, resprouting from the base..

Cheers//
Jim

Hi Jim,

Yes it was me ;-) not a cutting but a seedling. Abutilon Vitifolium
"Victoria Tennant". I have them planted in various places in the garden,
but although all have survived the winter and seem to be thriving, only one
flowered this year. Lovely mauve flowers. They don't do well in pots
though, as they make quite big plants, up to 6 ft! I suggest you plant it
out if you have room, somewhere a bit sheltered if possible.

Marina