Old 08-09-2003, 09:24 AM
Alison

Default OT - Bats and Buildings

"Jane Ransom" wrote in message

Not just bats, but swallows as well
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.

Yes there's loads of swallows as well. The farmers have swallows/house
martins roosting in the eves of their house and they've often commented how
nice it is so I think he is waiting until the swallows migrate at least.
The sad thing is, when they come back next year where will they go? We have
left our stable open this year and a few have taken up residence there but
there are masses of nests in the cow byres ( v. large building) and our
stable can't compete with that. Development is all quite sad in terms of
loss of habitat for wildlife IMO.

--Alison