Old 08-09-2003, 11:41 AM
Victoria Clare

Default has anyone ever ordered from crocus.co.uk?

(Jim W) wrote in
news:1g0xgma.6oxv8l7cxc5rN%00senetnospamtodayta@ma cunlimited.net:

Unless you're out of range of those too in which
case research some of the other mail order options eg Parkers
http://www.jparkers.co.uk/
(I have used before and found to be OK they will give money back if
plants don't grow as well.

I had a bad experience with Parkers (mouldy lily bulbs) and would not
order from them again myself (yes, you can return things, but that is so
much hassle, and often by the time you've had it and sent it back it's a
bit late in the season for planting the replacement.) Mind you, that
was three years ago now, so maybe they have cleaned up their act.

Have bought from crocus.co.uk, and would support other's views: yes,
decent quality, but not cheap.

I can also recommend from this year's shopping:

Ken Muir (www.kenmuir.co.uk) for fruit (they also send you a free 'care
of' book when you order, which is rather nice, though I now have several
of them and am running out of people to give them to...) website only
works properly with Internet Explorer tho :-(

http://www.willowsnursery.co.uk/ for cyclamen (they sell willow and
stuff too I think, but have no direct experience of that)

Chiltern Seeds - www.edirectory.co.uk/chilternseeds/ for huge range of
obscure and ordinary seeds

Secret Seeds - http://www.secretseeds.com/ - for more seeds and a nicer
catalogue layout than Chiltern (I think)

www.plantworld-devon.co.uk/ - another nice seed catalogue, and I'm
fairly sure they are actually a supplier for Chiltern - things are
slightly cheaper from them, but they only sell their own stuff, so a
smaller range.

http://www.harrodhorticultural.com/ for netting and weed control fabric

Vernons for pelargoniums - http://www.geraniumsuk.com/ - not the
cheapest, but a really good range.

(OK, I admit it, I shop too much online...)

Victoria

--
gardening on a north-facing hill
in South-East Cornwall