Old 08-09-2003, 01:32 PM
Shell91

Default Garden Decorations

"Frogleg" wrote in message
On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 19:40:08 GMT, "Shell91"
wrote:

Recently I read on another bulletin board quite a lot of people were
derisive about people who put up gazing balls and other such decorations

in
their gardens. Any thoughts on things like gazing balls or those copper
garden stakes with beads or glass balls on them in gardens? How about

solar
powered gazing ball / light combinations or other lights in the garden?
Just wondering what the general feeling is about these things. I'm not
talking about plastic pink flamingos or plastic deer or even garden

gnomes.
I do think some of this stuff looks good and some of the deer and gnomes

are
cute.

I have put some copper garden stakes in my small garden and hung a solar
powered gazing ball light as well as put one of those solar powered path
lights in. Personally I think the path light is pretty neat since it has
settings for red, green, amber light and a setting for all three colors

flash. And of course my pvc fence is there to keep the lawn guys from
mowing or weed whacking my plants.

Anyone else put stuff like this in their gardens?

Garden statuary, big time, has been a feature of formal gardens for
centuries, so it's certainly not tatty-by-definition. You *are*
kidding/trolling with regard to flashing colored lights, aren't you?

Nope not kidding Actually I have it set so the green light comes on at
dark. Though the flashing setting would be neat to use when having a party
or something like that.

Did you see 'Twister' and the metal kinetic sculptures Aunt Whatsis
crafted? I wouldn't mind having one of *those* in a nice big garden.

Saw that I would love to have something like that, especially if it made
windchime like sound

Even examples of collossal 'bad taste' lawn decor is often fun to see,
'though I wouldn't want to live next door to it.

The only truly bad taste I can think of is a totally out of control yard
full of weeds and junk like a rusted car or the like and lots of garbage
around. Wouldn't want to live next to that either

Shell