Old 08-09-2003, 06:02 PM
Siberian Husky

Default Roundup Safety and Toxicity

(Bill Oliver) wrote in message ...
In article ,
Siberian Husky wrote:
Bill, Bill, Bill. I do not care what others argue with you regarding
Roundup safety and toxicity. The fact is, all others will now turn
their attention to educate other gardeners why Roundup is bad. Maybe
they are using facts, maybe they are using lies, maybe they are using
their own experiences.

And that's the difference. You don't care if it's truth or lies.
I do.

I do care but I am not a chemist nor a biochemist, and I do not know
how to test Roundup and see whether it affects sperm production -- for
instance, even if Roundup is proved to affect sperm production in
salmons or dogs, it does not prove its effects on Homo sapiens. We
know its effect only when one day, say, Mr. William Olive accidentally
got Roundup on his body and the medical results show us Roundup effect
on humans.

How about your strategy? You emphasize only the part you support,
that no peer scientific journals have found Roundup dangerous, and you
disregard the part not in line with your view.

So while you again and again emphasize how safe Roundup is, may I ask
you when did scientists find DDT dangerous since it was made?
Thalidomide?

Better correct "a lie" into "an unproven claim". At least, I myself
as of now never claimed anything about Roundup based on a lie. If you
have problems with lies, deal with them, but don't deal with me :P

No, "a lie." Henry, Paghat, et al. trot out articles that explicitly
do not claim what they say they claim. It's one thing to state one's
belief. That's fine. It's another to outright lie about what an
article states.

I do not care what they claim. I do not team with them or anyone
else. :P Now Bill, tell us the definition you use to determine
something to be "safe" in your garden. Forget about the definition
used by other scientific journals, French environmental protection
agency or American consumer groups. Just use your definition --
though you can say your definition coinside with these agency
definitions.

In the meantime let me remind you again, what matters if whether your
theory is more convincing, or whether those by Henry, Paghat, et al,
are more convincing for other fellow gardeners. Note that ordinary
gardeners do not read scientific journals as the way you do.